the wailers' beginnngs (1944-1962)|
- October 19 - Winston Hubert McIntosh (Peter Tosh) is born in Grange Hill, Westmoreland
- February 6 - Robert Nesta Marley (Bob Marley) is born in St. Ann's Bay, Jamaica
- November 22 - Aston Francis Barrett is born. He is known as "Family Man" or "Fams," and later becomes the Wailers' bassist, and is also the brother of Carlton Barrett
- April 10 - Neville O'Reilly Livingstone (Bunny Wailer) is born
- October 19 - Constantine Anthony Walker Jr. is born. In 1966 he replaces Bob who travels to Delaware.
- December 17 - Carlton Lloyd Barrett is born. He is known as "Carlie," and later becomes the Wailers' drummer. He is also the younger brother of Aston
- Queen's Theatre - Kes Chin's Talent Parade - Kingston, Jamaica
- -Bob Marley's first solo performance before helping to form the Wailers
- Capri Theatre - May Penn, Jamaica
- -The first of two Derrick Morgan Farewell Concerts
- Montego Bay, Jamaica
- -The second of two Derrick Morgan Farewell Concerts
- -According to Derrick Morgan, Bob Marley is booed during "One Cup Of Coffee," and responds to the audience, "Judge not before you judge youself!" and goes into "Judge Not"
- At the age of only 16, Bob, along with Bunny and Peter help form "The Teenagers," which later becomes "The Wailing Rudeboys," then "The Wailing Wailers," and finally "The Wailers"
- Late December - The Wailing Wailers are taken by Alvin "Seeco" Patterson to audition for Coxsone Dodd's Studio One label, and are signed to an exclusive 5-year recording contract
- -Coxsone Dodd later recalls that The Wailers were the "kind of group with that team feel, young voices and ting like that"